The Emergency Department at UPMC Jameson is dedicated to efficient, quality care of patients who are critically ill or seriously injured, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our highly specialized team of board-certified emergency medicine doctors, specialized emergency medicine nurses, and technologists serve approximately 40,000 patients annually.
The UPMC Jameson Emergency Department is located on the ground floor of the hospital.
Most common emergencies include:
- Heart attacks
- Traumas / injuries from automobile accidents
- Respiratory distress (pneumonia, asthma)
- Severe infections
- Emotional distress
- SAFE (sexual assault/abuse)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Injuries caused by violence