UPMC Jameson encourages health professions education through the use of student internships. Applications will be approved under the following conditions:
- The course of study from an education institution requires an internship for a specific period of time.
- A student expresses a desire to serve an internship.
In order to provide system wide coordination of these internships, it is the responsibility of the Education Department to receive and process student internship applications.
Each student applying for clinical/technical affiliation with UPMC Jameson will be required to:
- Complete a student internship application, orientation packet, hepatitis b statement, and mandatory training modules and submit to the Education Department at least 10 BUSINESS days before the first day of the experience in accordance with hospital policy. Failure to turn in your paperwork at least 10 days prior to your start date could delay your internship.
- Note: there are two sets of mandatory training modules: clinical and nonclinical. If you have a question about which modules you should complete, please contact the Education Department at 724-656-4269 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Submit a criminal background check at the time of application for an internship. Act 33 and 73 clearances are also required.
- Provide evidence of a tuberculosis screening (PPD test) obtained from your personal physician/school records. This screening must be completed within 12 months prior to your start date.
- Completed orientation packet includes the post test from the orientation manual, signed general orientation validation checklist, and corporate compliance validation form.
How to Obtain Clearances
Visit this page for instructions on obtaining clearances.
- Student internship checklist (PDF)
- Student internship application (PDF) and instructions (PDF)
- Orientation manual and post-test (PDF)
- General orientation validation checklist (PDF)
- Mandatory Training Modules (please print certificates to provide proof of completion)
- Corporate compliance validation form (PDF)
- Hepatitis B statement (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH)
- UPMC Confidentiality and Assignment Agreement (PDF)
The Education Department staff will consult the appropriate department manager or physician if needed prior to the arrival of the student to define the internship experience. After approval, the student agrees to accept the internship and is supervised by a physician and/or Department Manager, dependent upon the type and nature of the experience.
Please return all materials to:
1211 Wilmington Ave.
New Castle, PA 16105
If you prefer, you may FAX the application to 724-656-4666. Please call 724-656-4269 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with questions.
If you would like to be considered for employment, please visit us at the UPMC Careers website.