UPMC Jameson encourages health professions education with student internships. Applications will be approved under the following conditions:
- The course of study from an education institution requires an internship for a specific period.
- A student expresses a desire to serve an internship.
To provide systemwide coordination of student internships, the Education Department is responsible for receiving and processing student internship applications.
Each student applying for clinical/technical affiliation with UPMC Jameson will be required to:
- Complete a student internship application, orientation packet, hepatitis B statement, and mandatory training modules and submit to the Education Department at least 10 BUSINESS days before the first day of the internship in accordance with hospital policy. Failure to turn in your paperwork at least 10 days prior to your start date could delay your internship.
- Note: There are two sets of mandatory training modules: clinical and nonclinical. If you have a question about which modules you should complete, please contact Dianne Hanna in the Education Department at 724-656-4269.
- Submit a criminal background check at the time of application for an internship. Act 33 and 73 clearances are also required (see below).
- Provide evidence of a two-step tuberculosis screening (PPD test), which must be completed within three weeks of each other and not more than one year ago, or a QuantiFERON tb-Gold obtained from your personal physician/school records.
- Proof of a health examination, influenza vaccine, rubella titer and history of varicella.
- Completed orientation packet includes the post test from the orientation manual, signed general orientation validation checklist, and corporate compliance validation form.
- Student internship checklist (PDF)
- Student internship application (PDF) and instructions (PDF)
- Orientation manual and post-test (PDF)
- General orientation validation checklist (PDF)
- Mandatory Training Modules (please print certificates to provide proof of completion)
- Corporate compliance validation form (PDF)
- Written verification of a health examination
- Two-step tuberculin test (PPD) – completed within three weeks of each other and not more than one year ago, or a QuantiFERON tb-Gold
- Proof of influenza vaccine
- Hepatitis B statement (PDF)
- Rubella titer
- History of varicella
- Act 33 – Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance Information
- Website to register for Act 73
- Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH)
- UPMC Confidentiality and Assignment Agreement (PDF)
The Education Department staff will consult the appropriate department manager if needed prior to the arrival of the student to define the internship experience. After approval, the student agrees to accept the internship and is supervised by the department manager, dependent upon the type and nature of the experience.
Please return all materials to:
1211 Wilmington Ave.
New Castle, PA 16105
If you prefer, you may FAX the application to 724-656-4666.
Please call 724-656-4269 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with questions.
If you would like to be considered for employment, please visit us at the UPMC Careers website.