The UPMC Jameson Emergency Department is located on the Ground Floor of UPMC Jameson, 1211 Wilmington Avenue, New Castle. Our highly specialized team of board certified emergency medicine physicians, specialized emergency medicine nurses and technologists serve as the primary emergency department for the region, serving approximately 40,000 patients annually.
The Emergency Department at UPMC Jameson is dedicated to efficient, quality care of patients who are critically ill or seriously injured, around the clock without interruption.
Most common emergencies include:
- Heart attacks
- Traumas / injuries from automobile accidents
- Respiratory Distress (pneumonia, asthma)
- Accidents that occur at home or at work, or with children at play
- Severe Infections
- Emotional distress
- SAFE (Sexual Assault/Abuse)
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Injuries caused by violence